Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Faith Healing.

An old lady is studying in her living room, when there is a knock on the door. When she opens the door, it is a policeman, who informs her that the rivers are rising, a flood is expected, and evacuation is recommended.

The lady explains, "I am a devout follower of God. I am sure he will protect me from danger."
The policeman shrugs his shoulders and leaves.
As the lady is watching the rising water getting closer and closer to her house, there is a second knock, this time a State Trooper.
The trooper says, "Listen lady, we are evacuating the area as the flood is getting serious and you are in jeopardy."
Again the old woman explains, "I am a devout follower of God. I am sure he will protect me from danger. I am staying."
Well, the water continues to rise, until the woman is forced to stay on the second floor.

She hears some yelling and looks up to see two firemen in a rowboat right outside his second floor window. "Lady!" one of the firemen calls, "Get in the boat, the rains are not letting up! It's getting serious."
"I am a follower of God. He will protect me from danger. I'll stay."

The firemen, fearing for their own safety, row on.

As the flood rises, the woman is forced to climb out onto the roof, just as a helicopter is flying over. The helicopter drops a rope ladder and a voice calls down, "We're coming to get you, lady!"
"No, no.... God will protect me. You go on."

Well, needless to say, the water continues to rise and the old woman drowns. When she gets to Heaven, she is really upset.
"I must see God," she pleads. "Please take me to God."
She is granted an audience with God. "Lord," says the woman, "after a lifetime of devotion to you, why would you forsake me in my moment of need?"
God says, "You know, I sent two cops, a rowboat full of firemen, and a helicopter...."

1 comment:

  1. LOL
    and I was actually starting to think that she would survive xD

    ReplyDelete